Friday, November 5, 2010

God is Mindful

God sent me a message last night. Bill and I had gone to eat and as we were leaving he said, "Let's go to the bookstore."

I didn't have a desire to go and said, "I have no desire to go to the bookstore, but if that's what you want to do, I'll stop."

He said, "I just have a feeling I need to go for some reason."

So, we stopped and I told him I'd just wait in the car. I turned on the radio and flipped to a Christian radio station. The announcer mentioned memorizing bible verses and how important it was. He gave his website address for free Bible studies. I jotted it down and then thought, "I'm going inside." Once inside, Bill and I looked at some books in the Christian section. I picked up a particular book, opened it and this was the first thing I read, "Scripture memory is another way to train our minds for future storms." I knew God was showing me it was time to start memorizing verses. It's been on my mind for awhile, but I'd been putting it off. Actually I memorized a few verses last year (about 2 or 4), and quit. My goal was to memorize one each week, but it didn't last long. So, I knew last night God was telling me to get back to it.

As we left, I said, "I think that stop was more for me than for you." I'm glad Bill listened to the unctioning of the Holy Spirit because sometimes I need a nudge to get started on things. I thank my Father above for being mindful of me last night!

Psalm 8:4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?

I truly felt that I'd received a visit from God last night. He sent a message through 2 people for me---the announcer on the radio station and through my husband, Bill. God truly was mindful of me last night as he is with all of his children.




No comments: