Thursday, September 17, 2009

Heart Warming Story



I would like to share this story which my sister sent me about her place of work and employer:


We made this coffin at work for one of the employee's husband, who recently passed away. She didn't have the money for a coffin. She works on the floor just a few feet from me.

Vintage did the casket out of oak, at no charge. All of us that could attended the grave side funeral today in the drizzling rain . It was mostly a service with singing of songs he had chosen himself . He knew that he was going to die. There was no music, only voices.

He had requested a pine box, but our employer said oak. I attended, as she and her husband were both friends of mine. He died of liver and colon cancer. The casket was not lined nor did they have a viewing. His wife simply purchased a very nice blanket for her husband and wrapped him in it.

His name was Dan, he was a simple man. He was thankful for what God had given him and happy with it. I am sorry he is gone. God saw the need and made a way for Dan to be buried at a small cost, since money was an issue.

I now have a new respect for the folks at Vintage. They had the employees to drop what they were doing and work on the coffin. Some stayed late to get it done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! God's love is alive in these people. Thank you for sharing this story.